I have a proven track record of achieving top results with a solution-oriented approach to problem solving.
My unique blend of experiences, interpersonal skills, and technical knowledge provides leverage for developing creative solutions to business problems. As a marketing and new business executive, I’ve continually found my greatest successes have been achieved in business development, strategic planning, and technology initiatives. My entrepreneurial spirit has allowed me the opportunity to excel in multiple areas of business, including creative services, consumer marketing, product development, merchandising, sales, and information technology.
I have over 20 years of experience developing new business and driving effective marketing solutions at two of the world's most recognizable brands, The Walt Disney Company and Universal Music Group. In my corporate career I demonstrated the ability to build and lead teams of both creative and technical professionals. My unique blend of interpersonal skills and technical knowledge provide leverage for developing creative technical solutions to business problems.
I enjoy meeting new people and would love the opportunity to get together to discuss your business goals.
Universal Music GroupServed in progressively responsible positions, often with overlapping duties, with each position building on the previous one. Fixed problems by assessing situations, establishing efficient systems as solutions, and handing off responsibilities to new leadership. Successfully established new departments and business units as needed, in part by recognizing high cost of outsourcing. Utilized diverse background and knowledge in distribution, marketing, sales, and technology to take on challenges and identify opportunities to support corporate growth.
- Directed development, enhancement, and maintenance of technologies supporting all marketing and sales functions.
- Devised and implemented online strategy for Universal Music Group’s (UMG) B2B website.
- Implemented portal for third party access to UMG’s systems.
- Headed group of talented designers responsible for creative direction of UMGD marketing materials
- Produced Universal Music Group’s Grammy Showcases highlighting major acts to industry executives.
- Established and managed positive relationships with outside vendors to decrease turnaround time and lower costs.
- Established new Creative Services Department from ground up
- Created new, effective placement opportunities for products through strategic partnerships.
- Appointed to take over major project to create custom software to manage inventory and vendor fulfillment.
- Achieved significant savings by identifying and correcting excessive outsourcing costs to freelancers.
Walt Disney RecordsI started my corporate career with one of the most recognized brand in the world. I was initially hired as a contractor partnering with radio stations across the country in support of Walt Disney Records. This support could be through playing the current music on-air and/or setting up local sweepstakes and promotions. After several months in this capacity I was hired as a full time employee. In my almost 8 years with Walt Disney Records, I successfully engaged in a variety of marketing and sales duties, with progressive responsibilities awarded due to positive performance and my ability to adapt to new challenges and environments.
- Developed and produced Walt Disney Records exclusive audio products.
- Managed sales and marketing for national accounts with headquarters in the Northwestern United States.
- Designed, developed, and implemented order taking software for submitting manual orders to the distribution center.
- Responsible for all "non-traditional" retail sales.
- Developed strategic co-op advertising reimbursement plan for Amazon.com.
- Managed and coordinated all business between Walt Disney Records and other Disney entities.
- Successfully launched "Burn Your Own CD" kiosks at the opening of "The 20th Century Music Company" on Main Street at Disneyland.
- Developed Disney-branded promotions designed to increase awareness and sales of catalog product.
- Product Development
- Creative Services
- Online Marketing
- Event Coordination
- Consumer Marketing
- Trade Marketing
- Partnerships & Alliances
- Radio Promotion
- Information Technology
- Application Development
- Microsoft Office / SharePoint
- Adobe Creative Suite
The InfraGard program is a public/private cooperative effort dedicated to improving our national security. InfraGard consists of Chapters throughout the United States and has thousands of members. The FBI leads the U.S. Government side of InfraGard. The private sector side of InfraGard is led by a non-profit corporation, the InfraGard National Members Alliance, which consists of local InfraGard Members Alliances (IMAs) throughout the country. An InfraGard “Chapter” refers to the local FBI, the local IMA, and the local InfraGard members working together. “InfraGard” is a registered service mark of the FBI.