Dr. Fred Hershenson
Dr. Hershenson brings an unparalleled amount of experience as a senior corporate executive as well as a research scientist.
After over 30 years of experience in Pharmaceutical Research and Development, with Searle Laboratories and Warner-Lambert/Parke-Davis, Dr. Hershenson retired as Senior Vice-President of Drug Development with Warner-Lambert. He was responsible for an international team of 450 scientists and physicians in the United States, Germany and Japan.
He was involved in drug development activities that led to a number of marketed products including:
- Published 40 publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Received 10 U.S. Patents
- Presented 30 lectures and presentations at Universities and Scientific Meetings
- Adjunct Professor of Medicinal Chemistry at the University of Michigan
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
- Member of the Board of Directors of Alliance Pharmaceuticals
- Consultant to several start-up biotech companies including Biota Holdings, MitoKor Pharmaceuticals and Nereus Pharmaceuticals
- Member of the UCSD Industrial Advisory Board